This post(type-3) is in continuation of my earlier post Type-1 & Type-2
1. Bring improvement in intestines, relieves constipation and indigestion.
2. Relaxes stiffness of legs, back muscles.
3. Spine gets flexibility. Backaches decreases.
4. Useful in cervical spondylitis, slip disc, and sciatica. Also useful in stomach pain, dysentery, and gastric problems.
5. This asana is good for kidneys, liver, spleen and many other ailments.
1. Lie down in Sav-asana, sleep with the help of your back. First Straighten your leg. Hands remain raised to the level of the shoulder.
2. While inhaling, lift the right leg to the 90 degree, (knees of the both legs remain straight ) and take it to the opposite side towards the hands as much as you can. Remember don’t strain your lower back much if you have pain in the back. And, neck towards opposite.
3. While exhaling, slowly take the right leg again to the 90 degree and then bring it down to the normal position.
4. Similarly practice with other leg too. Now, raise your left leg to the 90 degree, and take it to the right towards the stretched hand. If possible, try to touch the palm.
5. Finally, while breathing out, take left leg to the 90degree and then slowly bring the leg back to the resting position on the ground.
So, these are the three postures of Markatasan which can be practiced while lying down in Savasana.
Come to the normal position. Breath normally for some times. Repeat all steps again.