This asana is like Uttanapadasana, the only difference is, in Uttanapadasana the legs are raised up to 30 degrees, whereas in Ardha- Halasana the legs are raised up to 90 degrees.
- Lie down straight on your back, with palms touching the ground, legs straight and toes together.
- While inhaling raise the legs slowly upwards up to 90 degrees and hold the breathing and legs for some time in the same position.
- While returning,exhale completely, and at the same time place the feet slowly on the floor.
- Repeat the same asanas for 3-6 times.
- It will help to reduce belly and thigh fat soon.
- Beneficial in stomach disorders like constipation, acidity, indigestion etc.
- Good for Diabetic patient.
- Strengthen abdominal organs.
- If patient is suffering with gastics then it’s mandatory to follow this pose.
Those suffering from acute back ache, should practice it using one leg at one time.