Uttanapadasana, is also called as ‘Extended Stretch Foot Pose Asana’, is one of the classic pose of Asana. The meaning of ‘ut’ is to lift, ‘tan’ is to stretch and ‘pad’ means leg. This pose involves raising the legs and is used as an exercise to reduce obesity.
- Lie down straight on your back, with palms touching the ground, legs straight and toes together.
- While inhaling raise the legs slowly upwards up to 30 degrees and hold the breathing and legs for some time in the same position.
- While returning,exhale completely, and at the same time place the feet slowly on the floor.
- Repeat the same asanas for 3-6 times.
- It will help to reduce belly and thigh fat soon.
- Beneficial in stomach disorders like constipation, acidity, indigestion etc.
- Good for Diabetic patient.
- Strengthen abdominal organs.
- If patient is suffering with gastics then it’s mandatory to follow this pose.
Those suffering from acute back ache, should practice it using one leg at one time.
Latest posts by Sushma (see all)
- Translating the Yogic Secrets of Makar Sankranti - January 15, 2021
- Making of our Eco Friendly Yoga Bag - July 7, 2020
- The Story of Shift through 200 RYT Yoga Training - July 6, 2020