Bhujangasana (Bhujanga+asana or Cobra Pose) is one of the most important asanas for the lower back and for the spinal chord. This asana is also helpful in sciatica pain, slip disc and cervical spondylitis.
There are 4 types of Bhujangasana. Will be posting all of them one by one. You start practicing it now on……… Don’t forget to add comments. Share your experience.
- Lie down straight on your stomach.
- Legs will be straight.
- Hands on either side of the chest, palms resting on the ground, and chin touching on the floor.
- While inhaling, start lifting your chest and head. Look up and keep your elbows little folded, which will prevent the body from heavy strain on the back but help in removing lower back ache.
- Do remember, while raising the chest, you have to raise the body to the naval, and be remain in the same posture with breath holding.
- And, breath out, and come to the normal position.
- Repeat it for thrice.
All the steps of the Bhujangasana can be practiced with the ease and each step can be practiced from 10secs to 30 secs while holding the breath.