This asana is originated from Sanskrit word Makara +Asana i.e. Crocodile + Posture.
Its an important exercise for your spinal chord, which may subside sciatica pain, cervical spondylitis. If you have arthritis, along with this exercise, you can also go for massage with the Peedantak Oil in Patanjali products.
- Lie down on your stomach. Join the elbows of both the hands, making a stand and rest palms of both the hands below your chin. Fingers and thumbs will be touching your cheeks. Both the feet would be joined together.
- While inhaling, fold one of your leg from the knee and hold the breath and leg in the same position for 10-20 secs. The toes will be stretched towards hip as much as possible, also, fold and bend the leg towards hip so that ankle may touch to the hip.
- While exhaling straighten your leg with ease.
- Repeat the same with the other leg too. One after another, you have to fold both the leg and then straighten them.
- Now practice it for both the legs. Fold both the legs together while inhaling, hold , and straighten it while exhaling.
It is an easy and effortless exercise for the health of your spinal chord. You can practice it for 10- 15 times.
Note: The toes will be stretched towards hip as much as possible, also, fold and bend the leg towards hip so that ankle may touch to the hip.
Latest posts by Sushma (see all)
- Translating the Yogic Secrets of Makar Sankranti - January 15, 2021
- Making of our Eco Friendly Yoga Bag - July 7, 2020
- The Story of Shift through 200 RYT Yoga Training - July 6, 2020